Preparation: 40 minutes. increasing Bake: 35 minutes.
Upgraded: Oct. 29, 2023
Our editors and professionals handpick every item we include. We might make a commission from your purchases.
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups versatile flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 bundles (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (5 ounces) vaporized milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 big eggs, space temperature level, gently beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Colored sugar or coarse sugar
- In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar, yeast, aniseed and salt. In a little pan, heat milk, butter and water to 120 ° -130 °. Contribute to dry components; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Include eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in sufficient staying flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface area; knead till smooth and flexible, 10-15 minutes. Location in a greased bowl, turning as soon as to grease the top. Cover and let increase in a warm location up until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a gently floured surface area; divide into 4 parts. Forming 3 parts into round loaves. Put on greased baking sheetsForming staying dough into 3 1-in. balls and 6 8-in. hairs looking like bones, tears, or braids. Gently score the tops of round loaves where ornamental stands will be connected; connect hairs to each with water. Leading with little ball. Cover with kitchen area towels; let increase in a warm location up until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Bake loaves for 30 minutes. For glaze, integrate sugar and orange juice in little pan. Give a boil over medium heat. Prepare and stir up until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Get rid of from heat.
- Brush loaves with syrup. Sprinkle with sugar; go back to oven. Bake till golden brown, 5-10 minutes longer. Get rid of from pan to a cake rack to cool.
1/4 loaf: 324 calories, 11g fat (6g hydrogenated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 295mg salt, 48g carb (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.